7.5 (both weapons)
|“|| I don't believe in non-lethal force.|
- An unconvinced Abrams Tank driver firing its laser cannons
The Abrams Tank has been the pride of American armored divisions for several years now. With its thick armor, powerful 125mm cannon, and high-tech targeting systems, it really packs a punch. The Abrams has the ability to go toe-to-toe with even the mightiest of heavy tanks. A competent commander can use the Abrams to easily out-range, out-gun and out-maneuver his opponents. Due to advancements in laser technology, all Abrams models have been outfitted with dual 'Saturn' laser weapons, effective against almost all infantry threats, but also useful against other ground targets.
While not the strongest monster tank (it will often lose against most of its counterparts in a direct confrontation) the Abrams comes with the added benefit of being quite effective against infantry, being able to kill large groups of them using the Saturn laser cannons.
Though against tanks, not all is lost. The Abrams is one of the fastest monster tanks available and can out range most tanks. They are able to fire from stand-off distances outside of any faction's main battle tank - with careful usage on the American commander's part, Abrams Tanks can effectively destroy opposing armored forces without receiving any damage. This is achievable if the commander is using the Abrams carefully by kiting their enemies with them constantly.
The Abrams Tank is the most inexpensive Tier 3 tank in the game. This advantage, coupled with its relatively decent firepower against most ground targets make it a potent unit for ground-based warfare when massed in divisions of five or more.
It is also effective against structures, though confrontations with heavy anti-vehicle base defenses such as Hammer Defenses should be avoided - such a role should be left to Athena Cannons and Barracudas.
- Very decent all-round unit.
- Heavily armored.
- Its speed, rate of fire and ability to fire on the move allows it to outmaneuver slower units.
- Lasers are effective against infantry.
- Can also crush infantry.
- The most inexpensive Tier 3 tank available. ($1400)
- Can self-repair.
- Not the toughest compared to other Tier 3 tanks.
- Susceptible to mind control, hijacking and confusion rays.
- Vulnerable against aircraft and heavy anti-armor threats.
The Abrams Tank is voiced by SquareWhale.
- America's finest.
- When words fail, I step in.
- Proud to serve the home of the brave.
- I'll do my best, sir.
- Abrams Tank, reporting.
- Protecting the land of the free.
When ordered to move
- As soon as I can.
- Of course, Commander.
- Immediately, sir.
- Keeping the peace.
- Right away, Commander.
- Too late for treaties.
When ordered to attack with cannons
- We will prevail.
- Show them stars, so we earn stripes.
- Justice for all!
- Let freedom ring!
- Can't match our strength.
When ordered to attack with lasers
- An elegant resolve.
- Powering up.
- Neutralize them!
- Time to clean house.
- I don't believe in non-lethal force.
- The Abrams Tank is a reference to real-life M1 Abrams main battle tank used by the U.S. Army.
- In versions older than 3.0, the Abrams Tank used prism cannons instead of lasers for its secondary weapon.
- Azri_Apoc is credited as the voxel artist for Abrams Tank.