|Aerial Fortress Irkalla|
11 (both weapons)
|“|| Welcome to the underworld.|
- The Irkalla before "singing" the deaths of her enemies
With the advent of the Soviet built Centurion Siege Crawler, for the first time, Yuri’s grasp for power was legitimately challenged. A machine that could absorb and deal great damage, as well as being immune to psychic trickery, could prove to be Epsilon’s undoing.
Therefore, deep within the bowels of the Epsilon Headquarter’s hangars, a weapon of massive proportions was being built. A weapon capable of not only providing Headquarter’s armies with massive firepower, but defend Yuri’s ultimate weapon as well.
Since its devastating first appearance, the flying war machine codenamed ‘Irkalla’ has become a symbol of Yuri’s utter dominance over his enemies. Practically, the Aerial Fortress Irkalla is Epsilon’s ace in the hole: capable of engaging multiple targets in the air and lay waste upon ground targets. Since its deployment, no Allied or Soviet force alone has been able to set foot on Antarctica.
The Irkalla makes a Headquarters base a difficult feat to destroy once it is deployed, as its weapons are able to eliminate any unit on the battlefield swiftly, whether it be infantry, vehicle or aircraft. While it is possible to outrun the Irkalla with faster units or fool it with infiltrators and rogue stealth units, its long range weapons, as well as their Imploders' tendency to pursue enemy forces until it finally hits their targets, make the Irkalla one of the most, if not the most effective one-unit defender that does not have the ridiculous power consumption or the inability to defend against air threats of the Plasmerizer.
However, even an epic unit has its own flaws. The high cost and tech requirement meant that HQ's enemies wouldn't have to worry about an oncoming presence of an Irkalla until Epsilon HQ has reached Tier 3. Even if said subfaction is able to construct an Aerial Fortress Irkalla, its enemies would have already amassed a large amount of forces with heavy anti-air support at the ready by the time the Irkalla reaches the enemy base. Combined with the Irkalla's slow Imploder speed and its own speed, it is possible to overwhelm an Irkalla with sheer force.
It is also worth noting that the Irkalla is unable to use its imploders against air units, which means Thor Gunships, Alanqa Skystations or just plenty of anti-air aerial units are capable of destroying an Irkalla without suffering as much casualties as land troops doing the same.
- The Irkalla appears in Godsend where it, assisted by elite Epsilon ground forces and Euro Alliance troops 'persuaded' to serve the Epsilon cause, causes destruction around the city of London as it makes its way to the SteinsTech Hangar. It was assumed to be destroyed, or heavily damaged, when the Paradox Engine made its escape.
- Formidable flying fortress with enormous firepower.
- Can attack both air and ground units.
- Fires weapons at a rapid and continuous rate.
- Capable of engaging multiple targets simultaneously.
- Very heavily armored.
- Immune to Blasticade and confusion rays.
- Can self-repair.
- Only one may be built at a time.
- Extremely slow-moving.
- Extremely expensive.
- Can still be overwhelmed and focus fired if not well protected by escorts.
- Very big, noticeable target.
- Like the Basilisk, it cannot outrange stationary AA defenses.
The Irkalla is voiced by Elspeth Eastman.
- Irkalla rises.
- Shaping the land of the dead.
- The end of the world as they knew it.
- We listen, Proselyte.
- Aerial Fortress, operational.
- (calm, sinister laugh)
- Yes, we agree.
- Everything is under control.
- Our thoughts exactly.
- Of course.
- Wherever they are.
- We'll take them under our wings.
- They will watch.
- Welcome to the underworld.
- Commencing extermination.
- They must be killed.
- Yuri wills it.
- No opposition.
- In Mesopotamian mythology, Irkalla is a place on Earth from which there is no return, or the underworld where the dead exists after death.
- The Aerial Fortress Irkalla bears close resemblance to the Leviathan from Tiberian Twilight.