The Chinese Atomheart is the key structure that allows a Chinese commander to utilize the advanced EMP and nuclear technologies on the battlefield. These two, supported with Yunru's signature earthquake-generating missile called the Wallbuster, give the Chinese an upper hand over their enemies. If the Atomheart is built, you can be sure that enemy formations will be disrupted with the use of EMP, while irradiated tanks and all manner of nuclear-based weapons will finish them off, demonstrating China's overwhelming firepower.
The Atomheart has a small nuclear reactor of its own, which drastically reduces its power requirements when compared to other Soviet factions' technology buildings. However, when destroyed, it will explode similarly to the Nuclear Reactor, albeit less violently.
Other than unlocking China's entire EMP, seismic and nuclear arsenal, the Atomheart provides the following support powers:
|Irradiation||An unnatural but lethal method of eliminating infantry and other ground threats, the Chinese are able to immediately surround their impenetrable "Great Wall" of war machines with a radioactive aura temporarily. It has no price at all but needs 6:00 to recharge.|
|Wallbuster||A formidable example of seismic technology, the Chinese can break through the opposition's defenses with the Wallbuster missile launched from the Atomheart itself. The Wallbuster is true to its name, as it is able to destroy stationary defenses and walls instantly once it has impacted. The Wallbuster costs $1000 and takes 8:00 (9:00 in Fortress game mode) to recharge.|
Like other Soviet labs, the Atomheart must be protected by its owner, whether from destruction or infiltration, that would otherwise prevent the Chinese general from gaining the upper hand with Tier 3 units. In addition, unlike other factions, the Soviets only need a single technology expander (the Atomheart being one of them) to unlock Tier 3, but it requires a large amount of money to construct (in fact, all Soviet labs cost the same as offensive superweapons). On the bright side, its power requirement is not as drastic as its counterparts, leaving more power for defenses and other significant structures.
- The Atomheart first appears as a buildable structure in Think Different.
- In the Allied Co-Op Technologic, Tanya and her squad are required to destroy an Atomheart, which conducts nuclear technology research and development in the European battlefield.
- In the Soviet Co-Op Cyberanatomy, Reznov and Krukov's team gain intels about the Chinese research facilities in Xinjiang by infiltrating an Atomheart with a Saboteur.
- In the Soviet mission Heartwork, after the first Nanocentrifuge destroyed, 2 Saboteurs are sent to infiltrate an Atomheart in order to locate the remaining Nanocentrifuges in this area.
- In the Epsilon Co-Op Metaphor, Rahn is required to get close enough to an Atomheart, so that he could plant a device on it and extract data from it.
- In the Epsilon Co-Op Research Stroke, two Atomhearts and two Kanegawa Industries buildings are the targets to be destroyed by the two proselytes.
Behind the scenes
- In 3.0 the Atomheart was known as Science Lab, which provided access to EM Pulse instead of Wallbuster which didn't exist back then. It didn't have its own nuclear reactor, meaning that it consumed the same amount of power as the Palace and Battle Lab but didn't explode when destroyed.
- In Infantry Only, an improved Atomheart replaces the Palace. It grants access to Volkov and Chitzkoi, as well as the Overcharge and Wallbuster support powers.