One of the more curious and deviant 'infantry' units produced by Epsilon, the quadrupedal creature known as the Bloatick is an artificial bio-mechanical organism which carries within itself glands that naturally secrete a highly explosive toxic substance. Bloaticks honor their namesake by violently discharging this condensed liquid towards enemies, inducing powerful explosions which annihilate infantry, vehicles and buildings alike, if the number of Bloaticks is large enough. Allied and Soviet forces have quickly learned to take down large groups of Bloaticks from a distance.
Bloaticks, while possessing no attacks of their own aside from detonating their bodies and spreading their toxic payload over a small area, are nonetheless one of the most dangerous infantry units an Epsilon proselyte can field. Their Condensed Toxic Bomb is lethal against any infantry (including hero units) and can inflict serious damage to all kinds of structures.
One thing worth noting is that they are a death sentence for any melee-oriented attacker. Units such as Attack Dogs, rogue Spooks, and Terror Drones will be destroyed almost instantly if they try to attack a Bloatick, as the creature will explode upon death and take their attacker with them.
Once an Epsilon proselyte has access to a Cloning Vats, they become even easier to deploy en-masse, costing only $400 for one of these suicidal organisms. This makes it easier for them to break heavy defense lines and throw enemy forces into disarray if they lack the proper weapons to quickly take them down before they get within range. Because they do not cause friendly damage if they perish (unlike Crazy Ivans), Bloaticks can be sent in large swarms and their proselytes do not have worry about all of them exploding at once in an unwanted chain reaction.
Scorpion Cell has access to an exclusive support power called the Bloatick Trap, which allows their proselytes to instantly summon three of the creatures at a designated position on the battlefield. This trick up their sleeve is particularly effective against sudden infantry ambushes or rampant hero units.
Nonetheless, Bloaticks are rather ineffective against heavily armored tanks, and they often require large numbers to deal significant damage. Units with the appropriate anti-personnel weapons and decent range will also make easy target practice out of them.
- The first mission where Bloaticks appear is Memory Dealer. A group of Bloaticks have fled the Epsilon base when it was captured by the Soviets, and took refuge in the nearby forest. Once discovered, the Bloaticks will fall under the player's control and become buildable.
- Bloaticks will continuously spawn in Bloatick Tunnels in the missions Stone Cold Crazy and Neuromancers until said tunnels are destroyed.
- In the Contagion Challenge, a swarm of Bloaticks will appear at the beginning of the game and destroy both the Tech Hospital and Tech Machine Shop located near the challengers' starting location, making this challenge the only one where the challengers have no easy access to unit auto-heal.
- In 3.0 the Bloatick was known as the Dream Weaver, which releases Terminus gas whether by attacking or on death that causes enemies to attack each other instead. This was changed when the chaos technology was moved to Foehn. Gameplay wise, the Dream Weaver was succeeded by the Foehn Deviatress.
- According to Zenothist, Epsilon Headquarters is responsible for the Bloatick lorewise.