|“|| Knowledge is to be shared.|
- A Clairvoyant getting useful information from enemy labs
Clairvoyants are also useful as detectors, as they can see cloaked units and notice disguised enemies. To help them in catching the latter, they are armed with a stun beam that can immobilize infantry, allowing Foehn troops to deal with them.
The Clairvoyant is an oddball among the infiltrators, it is neither a soldier nor a spy, but a weirdly shaped drone that can benefit from the use of Spinblade with a tiny windflow drive it has mounted on its back and can traverse water zones freely. Unlike all the other of infiltrators, it cannot disguise, but its price and early availability during the battle make it ideal for a direct infiltration rush attempt with many Clairvoyants involved, as the chance is high that at least one of them will reach the target, unless the destinated building is walled or hidden behind a gate.
This little drone has another trick up its sleeve: it can use a short ranged stun gun to immobilize most enemy infantry near it and will also automatically use its weapon against disguised enemy infantry once it detects them. Additionally, it is able to detect stealth units like the Epsilon's Shadow Tanks and has the ability to destroy bridges, allowing them to limit an enemy's movement on the battlefield.
Clairvoyants are still regarded as infantry, despite being non-humanoid in appearance.
As with other espionage units, the Clairvoyant can infiltrate an enemy building, but the effects will vary depending on the building:
- Barracks: All infantry will be trained as veteran.
- War Factory: All War Factory units will be produced as veteran.
- Radar: Battlefield will be reshrouded for the radar's owner.
- Power Plant: Owner's power will be shut down for 1:30 (2:00 for Nuclear Reactors).
- Ore Refinery: Steal $5000 from the refinery's owner.
- Ecobooster: Can see owner's money count.
- Laboratory: Partial prerequisite for additional technology.
- Superweapon/support power structure: Resets the countdown of the superweapon/support powers.
- Construction Yard: Partial prerequisite for additional technology.
- Field Bureau: Owner will lose all captured infantry technologies.
Unlike other drones and like the Duplicant, the Clairvoyant speaks through a synthesized voice and is voiced by De'Lante Capers (previously credited as Rhys_Dallows).
- Infiltration unit.
- I see you sitting there.
- ESP module loaded.
- Knowing is half the battle.
When ordered to move
- I knew you'd say that!
- Analyzing points of insertion.
- Rotors engaged.
- Sentry mode on.
- Remote viewing active.
When ordered to infiltrate structures
- Infiltration algorithims running.
- Searching for keyword: Classified.
- Knowledge is to be shared.
- Connection secured.
- Preparing for data transmission.
When ordered to immobilize infantry
- This one's future is set.
- All yours.
- A nuisance.
- Keep no witnesses.
When under fire
- Unexpected error!
- Although Clairvoyants are immune to genetic manipulation weapons, Rahn's 'Terranova' beam is an exception.