|“|| Knowledge is to be shared.|
- A Clairvoyant getting useful information from enemy labs
Clairvoyants are also useful as detectors, as they can see cloaked units and notice disguised enemies. To help them in catching the latter, they are armed with a stun beam that can immobilize infantry, allowing Foehn troops to deal with them.
One of the oddest units to be found, the Clairvoyant is neither a soldier nor a spy, but a weirdly shaped drone that can benefit from the use of a Spinblade thanks to its tiny windflow drive mounted on its back, and can also traverse water zones easily. It serves a dual role: identifying infiltrators that enter a Foehn base and, curiously, being an infiltrator itself. Unlike other infiltrators, though, Clairvoyants are unable to disguise themselves, but where it lacks in subtlety it makes up in its cost and movement speed, especially once boosted by a Spinblade. Foehn commanders typically send droves of Clairvoyants towards an enemy base, as there is a high chance that a few of them will be able to reach their intended destinations, unless said destination is enclosed behind walls or a gate.
The drone is not unarmed: it is equipped with a short range stun beam that immobilizes infantry that get in its firing range, and is used to stun enemy infiltrators as well once they are detected. The range of the stun gun is greatly increased if it takes refuge in a transport with fire ports, allowing it to freeze enemy infantry in their tracks as the transport guns them down. It also has sensor systems that allow it to detect stealthed units like Epsilon Shadow Tanks. Bear in mind that Clairvoyants, while immune to Dogs and Spooks as well as a host of battlefield hazards like radiation, are vulnerable to EMP and magnetic-based attacks.
Clairvoyants is consider one of the bizarre unit the Foehn have in its arsenal. Clairvoyants is a small disc shape drone which serve as the Foehn main infiltrator once the expansion is constructed Don't be fool by its size and weird shape, it serve well as an infiltrator. One of the main thing that set apart of other infiltrator is the lack of disguise. This mean that Clairvoyants cannot fool or trick any player to infiltrate. Instead, they rely on large number to infiltrate instead. Clairvoyants is cheap costing $300 making them the cheapest infiltrator in the game as well as the fastest build time. This allow them to mass in number much faster than other fraction could. Despite their cost, they are surprisingly durable making them quite a challenge to destroy.
If Clairvoyants serve as an infiltrator, they have another purpose for themselves. One of their main trait is their ability to detect disguised as well as stealth threat. These Clairvoyants are also armed with a stun gun to stun an infantry as well.
Unlike other infiltration units, they are amphibious and an spinblades nearby will boost it speed effectively. These infiltration unit are immune to dogs and spooks thus making them only basic attack can hurt them. The are also immune to environmental hazard like Radiation or toxic but their mechanical bodies make them vulnerable to EMP and Magnetic weapon. Clairvoyants only promote spamming since it can't disguise itself so this is the most common way to infiltrate an enemy building
As with other espionage units, the Clairvoyant can infiltrate an enemy building, but the effects will vary depending on the building:
- Barracks: All infantry will be trained as veteran.
- War Factory: All War Factory units will be produced as veteran.
- Radar: Battlefield will be reshrouded for the radar's owner.
- Power Plant: Owner's power will be shut down for 1:30 (2:00 for Nuclear Reactors).
- Ore Refinery: Steal $5000 from the refinery's owner.
- Ecobooster: Can see owner's money count.
- Laboratory: Partial prerequisite for additional technology.
- Superweapon/support power structure: Resets the countdown of the superweapon/support powers.
- Construction Yard: Partial prerequisite for additional technology.
Unlike other drones and like the Duplicant, the Clairvoyant speaks through a synthesized voice and is voiced by De'Lante Capers (previously credited as Rhys_Dallows).
- Infiltration unit.
- I see you sitting there.
- ESP module loaded.
- Knowing is half the battle.
When ordered to move
- I knew you'd say that!
- Analyzing points of insertion.
- Rotors engaged.
- Sentry mode on.
- Remote viewing active.
When ordered to infiltrate structures
- Infiltration algorithims running.
- Searching for keyword: Classified.
- Knowledge is to be shared.
- Connection secured.
- Preparing for data transmission.
When ordered to immobilize infantry
- This one's future is set.
- All yours.
- A nuisance.
- Keep no witnesses.
When under fire
- Unexpected error!
- Clairvoyants are regarded as infantry, despite being non-humanoid in appearance. They can be mutated into Brutes by genetic manipulation weapons.