|This article is a stub. Why don't you help out by expanding it?|
|“|| It will be a smoking crater!|
- A Demolition Truck driver seconds before a loud bang is heard
Demolition Trucks are a simple but lethal weapon, utilized by the Soviets since the days of the Second World War. In the aftermath of the war, the Soviets were forced to dismantle their entire nuclear arsenal. Nuclear warfare has been strictly moderated by the Allied Nations ever since.
However, the restrictions the Allied Nations had laid down proved to be futile once the Third World War broke out as the communist war machine began producing nuclear weapons on a large scale. Due to the rather exorbitant price tag that came with building, arming, and maintaining of nuclear missile silos, the Soviet countries decided to reproduce and load the warheads used years before in their M.A.D. Tanks onto large trucks as a cheaper alternative.
With the safety off, the trucks are a staple of ambushes, being able to rush past enemy defenses and detonate their payload where it hurts the most. The warhead isn't too effective against enemy infantry so it's something the trucks should avoid. Commanders are to handle the vehicles with great care, as the trucks themselves are fragile and can easily trigger each other in a cataclysmic reaction.
- The Demolition Truck is first introduced as a buildable unit in Side Effect.
- My truck is loaded!
- Let's make a delivery!
- I shall avenge us!
- Why don't you drive?
When ordered to move
- One way trip!
- As you wish...
- Watch out for the bumps!
When ordered to attack
- For my people!
- I am prepared to die!
- It will be a smoking crater!
- Don't wait up for me!
- The Demolition Truck's weapon was originally known as the M.A.D. Warhead, but in 3.3 this was changed due to the inclusion of Foehn's M.A.D.M.A.N. and M.A.D. Mine.
- The Demolition Truck bares a similar design appearance to the Convoy Truck from Zero Hour.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20140715080123/http://mentalomega.com/index.php?page=soviet_units#dtruck