|This article is a stub. Why don't you help out by expanding it?|
Raining icy destruction from the skies above, the Hailstorm is the Pacific Front's premier siege engine. Formerly used to combat forest fires in Australia, the Hailstorm makes use of a bomber aircraft that unleashes several payloads of high-yield cryogenic substances, turning buildings into brittle constructs which easily collapse under their own weight. Though incredibly effective against structures and other hardened targets, the vehicle's Hailhitter bomber is vulnerable to anti-aircraft fire.
- The first Hailstorms appear in Rush Tactics, in a convoy protected by Battle Tortoises, Blizzard Tanks and Future Tanks. Their elimination is the goal of the two players, ensuring that they won't be put to use until much later in the war.
- The Hailstorms are first put to use in Relentless. Some time after the player receives an MCV, a few Hailstorms will be given to the Allied Commander, although they aren't buildable yet.
- The Hailstorm is first buildable in Hypothermia.
The Hailstorm is voiced by Colonel Magus.
- Today's forecast: Hailstorm.
- Give us some introductions.
- We hail from the clouds above.
- Some say the world will end in ice.
- Cloudy - with a chance of destruction.
- We're ready.
When ordered to move
- Let's move this thing.
- When do we get to pound them?
- An abrupt climate change...
- On the rocks.
- They are not prepared.
When ordered to attack
- This one's on us.
- Fly, my friend.
- Turn them into slush.
- It's super effective!
- First we toy, then we destroy.
- We're gonna mash every last one of them.
- The Hailstorm bears resemblance to the concept art of ORCA Lift Truck, an unit that was planned for Renegade but was removed from the final release.
- Azri_Apoc is credited as the voxel artist for Hailstorm.
- In-game, the bomber is referred to as Hailjet when the cursor is hovered on it.