|“|| Fighting for the Pacific Front.|
- A Kappa Tank
The Kappa is a creature from Japanese folklore known to dwell in bodies of water, preying on humans and cattle. Like its mythical brethren, the Kappa Tank can traverse any body of water with ease, allowing it to attack unsuspecting enemies from almost any direction. Many Soviet and Epsilon bases have fallen victim to the Kappa's ability to overwhelm an enemy through a shore line assault.
The Kappa takes a lot of engine power to keep it afloat and achieve speeds as high as the Robot Tank does, which comes with more difficulty due to this tank's larger weight and the fact that it is still a manned vehicle. However, because of this remarkable speed, it makes a perfect anti-armor companion to the Robot Tank.
The Kappa Hover Tank is an amphibious main battle tank, able to seamlessly transition between land and water combat, therefore giving Pacific Front commanders great flexibility on the battlefield.
Kappa Tanks are effective against armored vehicles, ships and structures. Using water traversing ability to their advantage, Kappa Tanks are capable of eliminating vehicles and structures that are normally inaccessible by ground forces. Kappa Tanks are also as capable on water as they are on land, often escorting ships and assaulting naval targets. Together with amphibious Robot Tanks, they are a significant threat in the waters.
Like all main battle tanks, Kappa Tanks are vulnerable to attacks from the air, as well as from anti-vehicle infantry. In the late game, Kappa Tanks are outmatched by monster tanks and heavy assault ships, but can still play a role in shoreline assaults or escorting duties due to its versatility. In addition, Kappa Tanks would sink if they happened to be disabled when over water, making them particularly susceptible against EMP or cryobeam weapons.
- The Kappa Tank makes its first appearance as an enemy in Side Effect, when Pacific Front enters the Third World War.
- Four Kappa Tanks assists the commanders in making landfall in Attack on Buggy.
- Due to the Allied Commander's limited access to PF tech in the campaign, it does not become buildable (without capturing enemy Pacific Front War Factories) until Stormbringer.
The Kappa Tank is voiced by Garrick P.
- I bow down deeply.
- I want to play some shogi with you.
- An all-terrain to serve you.
- We won't give up.
- Fighting for the Pacific Front.
- Now and then, here and there.
When ordered to move
- Make it close to the shore.
- I'll give it a go.
- Just one glance over there.
- It can't be helped.
- We can do this.
- For you!
When ordered to attack
- No turning back!
- I challenge you!
- Guess I have to use that.
- No apologies for that.
- They're here!
- As expected of our commander.
Behind the scenes
- During the development of 3.0, the Kappa Tank was known as the Predator Hover Tank and was going to be only available in the campaign.
- In 3.0 the Kappa Tank had a different model, less speed and more strength than the current iteration, and increased healing from the Backwarp support power.
- Kappa (河童) is a yōkai in Japanese folklore known for being associated with people drowning in rivers and lakes.