|This article is a stub. Why don't you help out by expanding it?|
Drones marking targets for an orbital strike
A drone control airship, the Quetzal carries three eye-shaped drones under its main body, continuously assessing the battlefield for threats; this grants the Quetzal far better line of sight that exceeds most other vehicles and aircraft. Additionally, the drones also help to mask the Quetzal’s radar profile.
The real purpose of the drones, however, is marking targets for orbital strikes. The drones can be deployed from the Quetzal over considerable distances, keeping the drone ship away from harm. Once a drone has designated a target, hybrid bombs launched from space will descend at extreme velocities before impacting the target and detonating with great force. Drones can be shot down by anti-aircraft weapons, but as long as the Quetzal remains operational, it can replace destroyed drones and continue raining orbital death with impunity.
- Very effective against structures.
- Flying drone ship can safely siege base defenses except anti-aircraft defenses.
- Long attack range.
- Invisible on radar.
- Fairly durable.
- Quetzal drones can distract anti-air defenses.
- After a target is successfully marked, the consequent orbital strike is impossible to stop.
- Can self-repair.
- Coronian-aligned Quetzals can receive armor boost using Quetzal Shield.
- Cannot attack air units.
- Drones can be destroyed by anti-air weapons.
- Bombardment has a long delay, commences only after the drones have successfully marked the target's coordinates.
- Every attack requires a successfully acquired target.
- Fast-moving units can evade its bombardments.
- Vulnerable to anti-air fire.
- Very expensive.
The Quetzal is voiced by Kii "ComradeCrimson" McKenzie.
- I am the morning star.
- Our drones are ready.
- We can kill from anywhere.
- The feathered serpent is ready.
When ordered to move
- Transcendent boundaries.
- Between earth and sky.
- Change is in the air.
- As you command.
- On course.
When ordered to attack
- We'll sweep them away!
- Marked for destruction!
- With urgency.
- Releasing the drones.
- They're within our range.
When shot down
- This is not over!
- You can not end me!
- I shall return!
- Quetzalcoatlus is an azhdarchid pterosaur known from the Late Cretaceous of North America and one of the largest known flying animals of all time. Its name comes from the Mesoamerican feathered serpent god, Quetzalcoatl.
- In fact, some of its quotes draw references to Quetzalcoatl, who is also known as the god of the morning star.
- The Quetzal bears resemblances to the Hammerhead in Tiberian Twilight.
- The Quetzal's sound when locking onto a target is actually a higher pitched version of the GDI Orbital Strike support power when the latter's target is selected from Tiberium Wars.