If it is the unknown we fear, then the Resheph is the unknown. No one precisely knows what happens when a Resheph attacks, because no can fathom the technology behind its powerful weapon. While it has been confirmed that it is possible to dissipate the mysterious energy projectile that's fired by this submarine, the power a single Resheph harnesses is enough to flatten a base in seconds.
Though the Resheph is heavily based on the blueprints of the Russian Akula, according to scavenged reports, the differences are vast based on the few times visual contact was established. It trades armor for more speed in order to make its sudden strikes all the more terrifying.
The Resheph's main difference from most of its counterparts (as well as its main advantage) is its submerged quality; the enemy may not even know that a Resheph is present in the battlefield until it is too late. Though it only fires a single projectile, it is enough to destroy War Factories, Ore Refineries and even technology expanders (like the Allied Tech Center) in a single hit. Its surprise factor is supported by its slightly faster speed and sight range than the Akula, which allows the Resheph to avoid detection and retreat easier than its Russian counterpart if the situation calls for it.
However, it shares the same weaknesses as its rivals; sufficient anti-air defences will prevent any of its projectiles from making contact with its intended targets (especially the fact that it only has a single projectile, unlike the rest). It is also defenseless against aerial/naval anti-armor units at close range, so escorts are required to ensure a Resheph is able to activate its psychic decimator (though it is discouraged to use Piranhas if a proselyte wants to maintain the surprise factor).
- Destructive siege weapon with incredibly long attack range.
- Good armor.
- Can detect cloaked and submerged units.
- Excellent in destroying bases without warning.
- Extremely powerful projectile that decimates anything when hit.
- Can self-repair.
- Vulnerable to anti-submarine units.
- Less durable than the Akula submarine.
- Expensive. ($2200)
- Defenseless at close range, due to its large minimum range.
- When surfaced due to receiving damage, submarine will be vulnerable to further land and air attacks.
- Only one projectile, can be easily shot down by anti-aircraft fire.
- Projectile is ineffective against fast moving units.
The Resheph is voiced by M. Simmons.
- From the depths we come.
- True power harnessed.
- Yuri shares this gift with you, Proselyte.
- Great knowledge lies deep.
- Resheph, dwelling in the dark.
- Beyond their imagination...
When ordered to move
- What stays unseen will emerge one day.
- No one to witness Yuri's glory?
- A new conflict lurks nearby.
- Preparations must be made.
- Through troubled waters, Yuri brings clarity.
When ordered to attack
- This is more than they can handle.
- Deus ex machina!
- War is a necessity in these times.
- Destruction, all they deserve.
- They want raw power? Then I shall give it to them.
- The downfall of those who oppose Yuri.
- Resheph is a Canaanite deity associated with plague that is later worshipped by the Egyptians as a god of horses and chariots.