|“|| Continuing the hunt.|
Reznov, alongside Morales, is the only other sniper that the Soviet Union has access to. Unlike the Latin Confederation's hero, this Soviet officer has a more limited role as an anti-infantry specialist. Nevertheless, he is still a powerful counter against infantry units, capable of killing most foot soldiers with a single shot at incredible distances.
Should the opportunity arises, Reznov can also level entire structures with C4 charges. Though he is a relatively hardy unit that can endure modest levels of punishment, he should avoid threats that pose a danger to infantry units (especially anti-infantry vehicles) at all times.
Because he cannot deal with enemy vehicles, he should be accompanied with Krukov and/or the appropriate anti-armor units.
- In advance, Reznov and Krukov appear in Needlehead, where they have not met the Soviet General. The rank of both of them in the mission was lieutenant instead of colonel.
- Though they do not appear in person, Reznov and Krukov are first introduced in The Raven. Reznov is in command of the White House garrison and after the Soviet General reestablishes contact with him, he directs the general to head to the communications outpost with caution.
- Reznov and Krukov appear in Awake and Alive. At the beginning of the mission, they lead a small squad to free the Soviet General from Yuri's clutches. In the first part of the mission, Krukov and Reznov, controlled by the AI, lead the General to the Airbase with the Kirov Airship; once the General boards the Kirov, they'll fall under the control of the player. Both colonels must survive the mission.
- Reznov and Krukov appear in Intoxicated to resolve a crisis in Spain. He has to survive throughout the mission.
- In Cyberanatomy, Reznov and Krukov must free an Engineer and a Saboteur from the Chinese, lead them to their destination so they can infiltrate the Chinese database, then evacuate the area in a Kamaz before the Chinese could capture them. Both must survive the mission.
- Reznov and Krukov appear in Heartwork to investigate the Chinese cybernetic research. He can die without compromising the mission.
- In Meltdown, a few minutes after the mission begins, Reznov and Krukov will arrive via paradrop to aid the player. He can die without compromising the mission.
- Reznov and Krukov are part of the enemy forces in the Revolution Challenge. Every few minutes they'll paradrop near the entrance to the enemy fortress and attack the challengers' bases until the enemy Russian base is destroyed.
He is voiced by Kii "ComradeCrimson" McKenzie.
- Reznov reporting.
- Show me the target.
- Always ready.
- Yes, Comrade General?
- Hundreds will die.
When ordered to move
- Follow the trail.
- See you there.
- Continuing the hunt.
- On my way.
When ordered to attack
- You don't have to tell me twice.
- Such a useless life.
- Da... another kill.
- Is this it?
- Time to kill.
- Leave that one to me.
When under fire
- Get me out of here!
- Reznov under fire!
- I am under attack, comrade!
- His name is a reference to a Soviet veteran in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Reznov's role being highly limited as a long-ranged anti-personnel and anti-structure infantry unit is a throwback to Tiberian Dawn's iconic Commando.
- His appearance is loosely based on a Russian VDV despite of wearing a blue beret.
- Trans_C is credited as the SHP artist for Reznov.