|“|| Fight, win, prevail!|
- A Swordfish crew's motto
Swordfishes are the cornerstone of the Foehn navy. These agile military warships are armed with an enhanced version of the Lancer’s pressure lance. With more space available, Swordfish pressure lances are vastly more powerful than their Lancer counterparts, allowing them to take on the largest of enemy warships. As it also makes use of a windspin engine, Swordfishes can gain a burst of speed when close to a Spinblade; Spinblades are not a common sight close to shores, but competent commanders know where and when to deploy a Spinblade and augment their Swordfishes’ speed.
Between its windspin engine and the bridge, there is a small space that holds a Shrike drone that can engage enemy aircraft in its range. This makes the Swordfish an effective multirole naval engagement unit, as it can simultaneously counter enemy ships at sea and aerial threats above it.
The Swordfish is the Foehn's main naval unit. Its main advantage compared to their counterparts is their versatility. They can engage any enemy force, be it from land, sea or sky. Their pressure lances are powerful enough to crush any ships, tanks and buildings. They also can engage aerial threats with their Shrike drone as well. Like the Destroyer, they are equip with a sonar system to detect submerged and cloaked units. They are also equipped with a windspin engine that boosts its speed when close to a Spinblade.
However, they also have weaknesses that a Foehn naval commander should be wary of. While its pressure lance is strong, it has a short range so the Swordfish won't have the first strike against its rivals. The Shrike drone needs to reload once its empty and it can be destroyed by any AA weapon. If the drone is destroyed, it needs time to be replaced making the Swordfish vulnerable to aerial strikes for a short time. Their weapon also ineffective against infantry, a flaw shared by Lancers and Pteranodons.
- Decent all-round unit.
- Versatile unit that can attack naval, air and ground units on the shore.
- Able to simultaneously engage hostile ships and air units.
- Can detect submerged and cloaked units.
- Speed can be boosted by Spinblades.
- Shrike drone can engage air units from a long range.
- Shrike drone can receive firepower boost when near a deployed SODAR array.
- Vulnerable to anti-ship weapons.
- Not very durable.
- Pressure Lance weapon has a short attack range.
- Shrike drone can be shot down by AA weapons.
- Shrike drone takes time to return on the ship and reload.
- Weak against infantry.
The Swordfish is voiced by Falloutman.
- Swordfish at the ready.
- Fight, win, prevail!
- Poised to strike
- We lurk.
- Foehn's naval force.
- Where are they hiding?
When ordered to move
- Got a good current.
- Let's go with the flow.
- We rule these waters!
- Carry on!
- Orders received.
When ordered to attack
- This is their last!
- Consider them gone!
- In pursuit.
- En garde!
- Rip their hull to shreds.
- I'm your sword.
- Swordfishes (Xiphias gladius) are a family of large migratory and predatory fishes known for their long, flat bill akin to that of a sword.