The Tech Airfield is a neutral structure that can house up to four jet aircraft and provides its owner with paratroopers.
Capturing a Tech Airfield grants access to additional paradrop reinforcements. Additionally, the building can house and reload up to 4 fighter units.
The paradropped soldiers depends on the faction:
- 6 GIs and 2 Guardian GIs for the Allies
- 8 Conscripts and 4 Flak Troopers for the Soviets
- 6 Initiates and 2 Archers for Epsilon
- 3 Knightframes and 1 Lancer for Foehn
Each Tech Airfield has a landing strip which allows up to four aircraft to land and reload their weapons on it. However, it is not possible to build aircraft with a Tech Airfield alone without an Air Force Command Headquarters, Airbase or Aerodome, and neither can it substitute for these buildings in the tech tree.
The AI will use Paradrop to target a clear space close to the center of the enemy base. If all enemies are defeated, the AI will target their own base, with the same circumstances.
- In version 3.0, the Tech Airfield was known as the Tech Airport, which cannot store aircraft and only provided paradropping reinforcements since it used the model from the original game.
- During development for 3.3, there were plans for adding faction-exclusive aircraft once a Tech Airfield was captured which were the Nighthawk for the Allies, the Hailfox for the Soviets (now called the Foxtrot), and the Blight for Epsilon (now called the Dybbuk-Attacker). This was eventually scrapped after the Soviets and Epsilon got their own airfields.