Big Heavy Structure
Captured by 1 Engineer
The Tech Airfield is a neutral structure that can house up to four jet aircraft and provides its owner with paratroopers.
Capturing a Tech Airfield grants access to additional paradrop reinforcements. Additionally, the building can house and reload up to 4 fighter units.
The paradropped soldiers depends on the faction:
- 6 GIs and 2 Guardian GIs for the Allies
- 8 Conscripts and 4 Flak Troopers for the Soviets
- 6 Initiates and 2 Archers for Epsilon
- 2 Knightframes and 1 Lancer for Foehn
Each Tech Airfield has a landing strip which allows up to four aircraft to land and reload their weapons on it. However, it is not possible to build aircraft with a Tech Airfield alone without an Air Force Command Headquarters, Airbase or Aerodome, and neither can it substitute for these buildings in the tech tree.
- In version 3.0, the Tech Airfield was known as the Tech Airport, which cannot store aircraft and only provided paradropping reinforcements since it used the model from the original game.
- During development for 3.3, there were plans for adding faction-exclusive aircraft once a Tech Airfield was captured which were the Nighthawk for the Allies, the Hailfox for the Soviets (now called the Foxtrot), and the Blight for Epsilon (now called the Dybbuk-Attacker). This was eventually scrapped after the Soviets and Epsilon got their own airfields.