The main warship of the Soviet naval forces, Typhoons are submarines capable of moving quickly through the sea, ambushing any enemies with a salvo of torpedoes, quickly sinking them, and returning to the depths within seconds. Though they are one of the worlds most dangerous ship killers, they cannot attack land targets and have difficulty maneuvering due to their length.
The Typhoon is the Soviet main naval submarine. It excels in naval engagements by firing a salvo of torpedoes to its target. While they are quite powerful on its own, they also gain a benefit of being permanently submerged, which makes them invisible to radar and in combat. This allows the Typhoon to ambush any ship without notice.
However, they cannot engage against either ground or air so they are restricted to naval combat only. While they are submerged, anti-submarine units can defeat them easily. If they're attacked, they'll be forced to surface, becoming vulnerable to further land and air attacks.
- Effective against naval units.
- Submerged, can attack without surfacing.
- Can detect submerged and cloaked units.
- Can ambush ships without warning, especially those without detection and anti-submarine capabilities.
- Vulnerable to anti-submarine weaponry.
- When surfaced due to receiving damage, submarine will be vulnerable to further land and air attacks.
- Cannot attack ground and air units.
- Short sight range.
- Destroyers are able to detect Typhoons early and use Ospreys from long range.
- Typhoon attack sub.
- Hush! They maybe near.
- Good under pressure.
- Torpedoes armed.
When ordered to move
- Use stealth.
- Checking periscope.
- They won't detect our approach.
When ordered to attack
- Target verified!
- Sink them!
- Fire torpedoes!
- She's on our scope.